Services and Fees
Fees are governed by Wisconsin Statutes and are uniform throughout the State.
- All checks should be made payable to : Door County Register of Deeds
Deeds, Mortgages, Land Contracts, Satisfactions, Notice of Federal Tax Liens, and Miscellaneous Documents entitled to be recorded in the Register of Deeds Office cost:
- $30.00, regardless of the number of pages
Note: Maximum size sheet: 8 ½" x 14". One side of a sheet constitutes a page and any printing on the backside is considered another page.
Copies of recorded documents:
- $2.00 for the first page
- $1.00 each additional page
- An additional $1.00 is charged for a certified copy
- $3.00 per page for 10’ x 13”
- $5.00 per page for Large Plats
Plat Recording Fees
- Subdivisions - $50.00 per plat
- Cemetery Plats - $50.00 per plat
- Condominium Plats - $50.00 per plat
- Transportation Plat - $25.00 per plat
Real Estate Transfer Fees
- An electronic Transfer Receipt and fee or Exemption Number is required for all conveyances.
- Complete an eRETR online at: http://www.revenue.wi.gov/retr/index.html
- Current rate of fee is $3.00 per $1000 of value, rounded off to the next higher hundred. See form for exceptions.
- Zero (0) may be entered as the value of real estate transferred for the following exemptions:
Sec. 77.25(3), Wis Stats.
Sec. 77.25(10), Wis. Stats.
Sec. 77.25(13), Wis. Stats.
Sec. 77.25(17), Wis. Stats.
Uniform Commercial Code
UCC financing statement forms that are realty related must be recorded with the Register of Deeds. The real estate box on the form must be checked or the form will be rejected.
All other financing statements are filed with the Department of Financial Institutions. A search can be performed on the DFI website.
Recording fees are $30.00 per document.
Our policy is that all fees be prepaid before any documents are recorded or requests fulfilled.
Vital Record Certified Copy
- Birth Certificate - $20.00*
- Marriage Certificate - $20.00*
- Death Certificate - $20.00*
- Declaration of Domestic Partnership - $20.00*
- Termination of Domestic Partnership - $20.00*
- Divorce Certificate - $20.00*
*Plus $3.00 for each additional copy ordered at the same time as the first copy.