Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Priorities
The Mission of Door County Government
Protect the people, economic vitality, and environment of Door County and enable its people to build productive communities, families and lives. Deliver all county services and programs in a respectful, professional manner and manage operations consistent with available human, natural and fiscal resources.
Door County Government Vision Statement
We envision a Door County government that people feel has helped make the county a better place to live. Door County government strives to be the leader in developing partnerships private and community organizations to deliver the programs and services people call for. We are a government that listens to its people, promotes a diverse and vital economy, values fiscal responsibility and enhances the natural and aesthetic qualities that have for so long made Door County a premier place to live, work, and visit.
Core Values of Door County Government
Treat all people as you would like to be treated, responsiveness to people, be user-friendly.
Ensure public trust through honesty, fairness, consistency and follow-through.
Openness and Accessibility
People should feel they can approach and communicate freely with their county government.
Accountability for the proper and efficient use of public funds and resources.
- Promote a diverse and growing economy producing high quality jobs.
- Exercise sound financial management and build the County’s fiscal strength while minimizing the property tax burden.
- Protect Door County’s natural resources, especially water quality.
- Plan and manage land use in Door County to promote responsible development and to preserve our natural and aesthetic strengths.
- Respond effectively to issues in Door County arising as our population ages and manages difficult economic times.