If you are unable to pay your fines/court costs in full by the due date, it is your responsibility to contact the Clerk of Courts office PRIOR TO the due date to set up a payment plan--920-746-2205 ext 1.  If the total amount is not paid in full by the due date or a payment plan has not been set up, one or more of the following actions will be taken against you:

  • A civil judgment entered against you
  • Arrest and commitment to the county jail
  • Suspension of your driving privileges and/or wildlife license privileges
  • Referral to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue State Debt Collection
  • Income Assignment through your employer

Payments via cash, check, money order or credit and debit card can be made in person at:

Door County Clerk of Court
1205 S Duluth Avenue
Sturgeon Bay WI  54235

You may also mail your payment via check or money order to the same address listed above.  Credit and debit card payments are also accepted via phone (920-746-2205 ext 1) from 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday through Friday, Central Standard Time (CST).

Payments via credit or debit card can also be made online at:

1) The Wisconsin Court System site: MasterCard, Visa and electronic check can be used on this site for a nominal fee.

2) PayGov.Us at  MasterCard, Visa and Discover are accepted through this site for a nominal fee.  The "Location Code" for Door County Clerk of Courts is: 2880.  If you choose not to use the location Code you may fill in the --State(WI), Jurisdiction Name (Door County) and Transaction (Clerk of Courts) to have the payment go to the Door County Clerk of Court.  Information that is contained on your citation will be requested on this site.

Questions?  Contact the Clerk of Courts office at 920-746-2205
Office hours are 8:00am to 4:30pm; Monday through Friday (closed all major holidays)

  • Suspension of your driving privileges or time served in jail does not replace the dollar amount owed for your fine
  • You will have to pay a fee to the Department of Motor Vehicles to reinstate your driving privileges
  • A civil judgment against you for non-payment of fines/court costs will affect your ability to obtain a loan