No-till Drill Use Policy
To conserve soil, reduce erosion, provide wildlife habitat, increase biodiversity, and support pollinator populations in Door County ghrough the use of a no-till drill to plan beneficial species.
The LCC gives authority to the Door County Soil & Water Conservation Department to engage in rental agreements in accordance with this policy and oversee the general use and maintenance of the drill.
- Any landowner or operator may rent the drill from the Door County SWCD.
- The Door County SWCD must approve the seed mix and seeding plan prior to entering a rental agreement. Seed mixes must have a conservation benefit as determined by the Door County SWCD.
- Landowners and operators outside Door County may rent the drill. Preference in rental scheduling may be given to projects inside Door County.
- Scheduling preference may be given to SWCD conservation projects.
- The Door County SWCD may institute a maximum length of rental time in order to maximize conservation benefits during critical seeding timeframes.
|Door County||<5 Acres||$15/acre|
|Door County||≥5 Acres||$10/acre|
No-Till Drill Use Policy (PDF)
No Till Drill Rental Agreement (PDF)